Friday, September 7, 2007

It's his potty and he'll go if he wants to.

There may be hope for us yet on the potty-training front.

As you may (or if you're getting old like me, may not) remember, we gave up potty training several weeks ago because it was a losing battle. Ian had no desire what-so-ever and couldn't care less if there was crap in his underwear.

Well yesterday, while wearing a pullup even, he told me he wanted to poop on the potty. yeehah! He didn't though, just peed, but hell that's a start!!

And just this morning, out of the complete blue, he told me he wanted to wear underwear because he wanted to "go to school and learn". Looks like I'm starting the process all over again:
*Dragging him (and most likely Leah) to the potty every 30 min no matter where we are
*Hauling 3 changes of clothes wherever we go
*Carrying the portable potty in & out of my car as often as I do Ian

But hey. If Ian is on board with us now, I'm all for it! Maybe 3rd time is the charm.

----------------------

Oh, Allison: hurry home. Leah is thisclose to crawling.

No comments: