Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Quick Update

Yeah, it's been awhile, I know. What can I say, nothing exciting has happened: No dogs have shit on my lawn, no fish have died, no 10' bowling pins shuffling along has scared Ian, he hasn't dropped the F-bomb lately and neither kid has cured cancer.

But do you know what miracle DID happen? I had a DIY project go smoothly! In my umpteen tries at doing something myself, I believe this is the very first time that I completed a project without a single derailment.

And what was this wonderful project that I magnificently kicked ass on? It was replacing the toilet in the basement bathroom.

Last week I was in there feeding the cats when the semi-retarded one (Cleo) came in squeaking, squaking and getting all excited. She chose her path very carfully: She ran right between my 2 moving size 14 boots. Stupid me tried to avoid stepping on the 4-legged nuisance and tripped up myself and bashed into the 1970's pale green porcelin god. Immediate dripping ensued.

So anyway, on Monday afternoon allison took the kids for a bike ride/walk around the neighborhood and I was able to do the entire project in a little over an hour! This includes unhooking/draining the old one, taking it apart & bringing it to the garage, scraping off the old wax ring, installing & hooking up the new toilet, and cleaning up the tools.

Since it went problem free, i was SURE that there would be a leak when I turned the water back on....but there wasn't! Booyah......

-----------------------------------------------

on an unrelated note, the kids are sick...again. Allison and the kids got sick towards the end of January. They were sick for awhile, as it just lingered. I was lucky that I didn't get sick with them. I attributed it to my eating well, working out and taking my multivitamins...yeah, that worked. I ended up with a nasty chest cold that lingered for a few weeks. That finally cleared up last week....just in time for the kids to get sick again.

We usually don't take them to the doctors for a cold, as I don't want to clog up the Drs office for something like this, especially this time of year: tis the season. But Leah has been grabbing at her ears the last day, so we have an appointment for them to check her out. I'll have them look at Ian too, since we're there, but I think it's just the run of the mill cold.

Anyway, thats all for now. I apologize for not updating sooner, but honestly there hasn't been anything to report!

Believe you me, when something fucked up happens in my life, you will be the first to know!

1 comment:

PG said...

See, that's the beauty of setting expectations. Call you blog "Annoyingly Boring?" and you don't need anything exciting to post. That's where you have yourself pigeon-holed, "Tales of a Toddler Chasin', Diaper Changin' Maniac" sounds far to intriguing.

Nice work on the toilet. I am not what you call handy, but as I get older I have started to get bolder with what I will try (with mixed results)