Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's unofficially official

I really don't want to dwell on it, but today I have officially accepted that Dupree is gone.

I got some blood drawn today for tests for a routine physical, and the lab tech was a woman whom I know from the Fire Department. She lives almost directly behind us on the other side of the woods.

I asked her if she happen to have seen a black and grey striped cat in the last few weeks as ours had run away, and I was betting that she was romping around in those woods and maybe had made her way down there.
She said she hadn't seen a cat, but DID see a coyote yesterday back in the woods. There is no way Dupree is gonna take on one of those, and win. Besides, it's been nearly 3 weeks.

So, until she surprises me by sitting on our doorstep waiting to be let in, I'm considering her gone for good.

Later, kitty.

Oh, and one more thing. Bat at Marvin's balls for me, will ya?








3 comments:

PG said...

i was getting a bit sad reading that and then you dropped the special request on the end and nearly fell off my chair! classic.

well, good luck one way or the other Dupree!

Meri said...

Poor Dupree ... hopefully she's found an efficient way to torture that evil rottie!

The pics of her are gorgeous - she was a pretty girl!

Don said...

Meri - notice the 'pissed off' look in her face? That was pretty typical of her, except for when I opened a can of tuna or she wanted to lay on me after the kids have been laying on me all day!