Wednesday, June 13, 2007

(from 5/20/07) Buzz Lightyear poops Lollipops

I'm BAAAAAAACCCCCKK!!!

Hey all you fantastic and loyal readers!! I'm back for another rendition of don's blog. Oh my, where do I start.

I haven't blogged since before Allison went back to work full-time. Um, that should tell you something! I'll give you a synopsis of life since then:

Before she went back to work we took a 3 or 4 day jaunt to Tampa...what a really fun trip that was!!! Except for one outburst at breakfast one morning, Ian was awesome, including the plane rides.

We went to a zoo one morning, and an aquarium another. We spent every afternoon at the hotel pool where Ian learned to swim with those little arm floatie doohickeys. We called them his 'Nemo Fins', and he swam himself into a coma every time he got in the pool. He actually ASKED to go to bed one night!

So that was March. Lets see, then Allison went back to work. I found out that logistically, hauling two kids around wasn't/isn't as tough as I had imagined. What IS tough is playing with Ian while taking care of an infant. I just can't play with him like I used to, and he knows it. And I think he resents it too, well, at least he did. There was a tough adjustment phase that we went through, but I think he gets it that Leah isn't going anywhere and he needs to deal with her. Don't get me wrong, he loves her....I just think sometimes he wishes things would go back to the way they were BC (Before Cryingbaby).

As Allison blogged about, we (I) put Ian in underwear this past week. We had mixed results with it, and am not sure if I'm going to continue the 'experiment'. Tuesday he did GREAT, as Allison said. There was only one accident early in the morning, and then we were out and about at different stores and whatnot. Every so often I'd ask if he had to go to the potty and he said 'yes', so we went. Picture perfect.

Wednesday Ian had a fever and had 2 accidents right off the bat...and I mean less than 2 minutes after I asked him if he needed to use the potty...he said no, and before I knew it he was S O A K E D. Since he had a fever and wasn't feeling well, I decided to hold off and just put him in diapers.

Thursday he had 2 accidents while at a playground, which is to be expected as he's still learning. But then dropped the motherload. It was the deuce of all deuces..if fact, it probably qualified as a tres.

Did it bother Ian? Not one friggin Iota. He had a friggin' monster turd dangling in his spidey drawers and he acted like nothing was wrong. That pretty much sealed the deal for me as far as just realizing that homey isn't ready to potty train. That's fine...I wish he was, but it is what it is. He just need to be bothered by poopsticks in his caboose by the end of the summer. Little buddy isn't going to miss out on pre-school due to brown tenents living in the basement rent free.

-----------------------

Ian turns 3 tomorrow. If you didn't see the blog that Allison wrote on Friday, CHECK IT OUT. If you know Ian, it'll put a smile on your face. It certainly did for me.
Okay, I was going to go on and talk about Ian's birthday party that was today, but the Soprano's are on soon, so I've got to go.

I promise I'll blog again REAL soon. Topics to be discussed include: Ian's party that was today (um, big thumbs up...Ian was asleep before 7pm!), our new (to us) pop-up camper and my recent as well as upcoming half marathons.

I'll also weigh in on moving my blog over to blogspot. What do y'all think? I'm thinking I will ,because it'll give me the ability to save as I go...these masterpiece essays take awhile to create and myspace doesn't allow you to save and go back to them...well, they let you edit them, but, aw fuck it...I'll talk about it later.

until then, areevaderchee!

By the way, the title of the blog refers to Ian's party today. I'll fill you in later on what it means...but seriously, he did. I never thought I would see a space ranger deficate delicious goodies, but I did. AND he did it with a smile too!

No comments: